Saturday, August 05, 2006

Digital Voodoo

So now I've left the realm of "Will I be a mom?" and started asking myself "Will I be a good mom?" I have some strikes against me, namely that I don't have kids already and that I might not be a convincing authority figure to a kid who was born when I was 12. There's a chance the purple hair will have to be redyed, too, I'll admit.

Since I'm sick of reading parenting books, bouncing ideas off my friends and family, and researching ADHD, ODD, Conduct Disorder, and RAD, among other things, I've turned to internet voodoo.

Magic 8 Ball Says: Yes
What Kind of Freaky Mother Are You: Punk Rock Mommy
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator: ENFJ
What Kind of Muppet Are You: Dr. Bunsen Honeydew

And if that isn't enough, I can go the practical route, and just raise my child according to his zodiac sign. (This is where I start to snort while I laugh.)

Tomorrow, somewhere after forcing my sister to choose the freakin' bridesmaid dresses already, I may even figure out what kind of princess I am. Thrilling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The magic 8 ball. I think I need to get one of those.

I am so glad you are choosing to adopt kids that need homes so badly. I didn't really understand how it worked in the U.S. so this is interesting.