Thursday, December 07, 2006

Today has been alternately happy and sad. I'll let you know lots more soon, but the question asked most often has been -- What Now?

Now, The Babe stays here. Once 30 days for appeals is over (behavior at trial today makes the an appeal a not-a-shot-in-hell sort of thing), his case is transferred to an adoptive caseworker. After 6-12 months in our home, we'll be able to adopt him.

The waiting period isn't a big deal to us. What is important to us right now is that, barring The Hub and I both being killed in a fiery plane crash, The Babe will stay with us.

From here on out, it is the three of us. The days of Mae and The Hub are really, truly a thing of the past. Freaks me out.

7 comments:

Maggie said...

It's a long process, that's for sure. I'm so glad it's working in your (and, more importantly, the Babe's) favor.

Liveinashoe said...

Congratulations on your family!!

Shari said...

Oh, I am so happy for you! I know what you mean about the happy AND sad, because as we approach our adoption from the system, we're having to learn to drink the bitter with the sweet. But for now, this is happy. You are a family. I can't wait to hear more!

Chris Sapp said...

So happy for you and the Babe! Tears now for you all! I had to restrain myself from not jumping to your most recent post (I was three behind). Thank the Lord for all of these blessings! I am so very, very happy for all three of you! Get used to your new names - Mom and Dad :-)

Jennefer said...

That sounds wonderful! Thanks for clarifying the process. It sounds like it is going to work out. I am so glad that the Babe is safe in your family's arms.

atlasien said...

Awesome! Congratulations!

Laura said...

sThanks so much for the clarification! Congratulations! It is a weird feeling, going from the 2 of you, to a family of 3. But, it is wonderful too. I am now worried about becoming a family of 4 next year!!
Congrats to your family.
Laura