Thursday, December 07, 2006

Round Two

We're about halfway there. Because this is merits, the judge wants as much information as he can gather before he makes a decision. The fact that he's the one who ordered The Babe back to his family a few months ago isn't lost on him -- he's said already how disappointed he is to see this case back so soon.

The court heard the case for about 40 minutes before calling a recess, as other cases were waiting. If everything is on track, they've now been back at it for twenty minutes, and I'm expecting the phone to ring again before noon.

There are many unbloggable things going on right now. Some of them might mean I have to go dark/scoot around/hide lots of posts, as our family's physical safety has become an area of concern. Terroristic threats in a court room do not make for a good impression on the judge, and right now I'm glad I didn't show my face. As hard as it is not to hear everything as it is spoken, the nuances aren't worth the risk.

In summary: nothing for sure yet, but CPS's case is strong and persuaisive.

2 comments:

Nicole (SummersComing) said...

Delurking to send some supportive vibes your way! I was horrified and haunted by yesterdays post...therefore I have been literally stalking your blog today in hopes that the "Babe" will be on the track to being yours for good!
Todays post sounds optimistic and I am glad to read it. Although I am scared for you as well...for all the reasons you have stated. I mean, if these were even halfway decent people...this child would still be with them. So needless to say, I think you are dealing with some real scum. Be careful.

-Nicole, mom of 14 yr old boy, 11 yr old girl, 2 yr old boy (having a 2 year old I couldnt help but laugh at your trip to the vet post - Im sorry for that!! lol)

Michelle said...

I'm here with you. I understand the threats as well. Feel free to email me if you need to talk.