Saturday, September 23, 2006

Full-On Freak

No real decision made yet. We think we know what our answer will be, but there are still a few things to consider.

If we'd said yes yesterday morning, the kids would have been here by the end of the workday. However, as these 3 are as young as you can get without multiple births, well, we need some time. And... we weren't planning on three at once. And... we weren't considering children this young. And I don't know if I could handle three kids in diapers, highchairs, and cribs. I'm really really scared, and we're waiting for the shock to wear off before we make a real decision.

These kids are someone's dream placement, but we're not sure if we should be their parents. They are fost/adopt, but TPR is already scheduled (very very very soon), they are little, there are girls and a boy, and they have never been in foster care.

In so many ways, it is good (sorry about being vague, but if you've been reading my blog for a while and you know the sorts of periphery things I think about and want, you'll get it.). At the same time, there are circumstances that upset me (having to do with mom and dad's situation). Meanwhile, things I thought I'd consider a dealbreaker (not speaking English, for a benign example) don't worry me a bit.
Did you know that you'll attract a lot of attention when you tear into Babies R Us in sweaty gym clothes, wild-eyed, cellphone glued to your ear, saying, "I might have three kids tomorrow, can someone help me find everything?" Yah, um, people drop what they're doing, and even the other shoppers will take you by the hand and introduce you to the options available in double and triple strollers. I hit about a million things with that little scanner gun, dudes.
And yes, I got the phonecall at the gym. I was on the elliptical machine.
This is a pillowdoll I made last night, cause babies need toys too.

5 comments:

Maggie said...

I've been refreshing over and over to see if you posted an update. How scary and exciting this is!

You've got my email if you need someone to bounce anything off of.

Chris Sapp said...

Wow! Three!!!!! How exciting! I can't wait to see where all of this takes you. We preapred for a 5 yeard old and brought home a 1 year old. Scary, but everything is the way is is supposed to be. Can't wait to hear more!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I had to do the same thing when I had my little one with me for awhile. If you don't end up taking them, send them my way. :) By the way, I've heard they will give you a discount at those baby stores if you tell them you are having twins/triplets..so they might help you out financially.

Amie said...

Send them this way! :)

Yondalla said...

Well, Bloglines failed me and has not been telling me that you have been updating (but then it wasn't saying that I had, so I knew something was wrong!).

Sorry to get on the story so late. I am commenting here before reading the rest of the story...