Wednesday, November 15, 2006

So, tomorrow I go under the bleach to see if MommaMae-rejection is based on haircolor or on deeper issues. Honestly, I'm not holding my breath, and if my roots weren't grown out two inches, I wouldn't bother. It may have made a difference if I'd done it before we met him, but there was only a day to prepare for that, and the girl who does my hair is booked until after Christmas. I begged for an appointment with a new girl, and am praying that Andrea is around to pick out colors.

My mom was here today, and instead of sleeping or going out and doing something, I washed laundry, brushed the dogs, filled prescriptions, and spent most of the time being upset over how he clung to my mother and told me to go away.

Our SW warned me that this was likely to happen (based on his mom's situations over the last 3 years), I expected it, but it still hurts.

As I think I've said before, if it is just me and the babe, we're cool. He's a hip ornament. But if someone else (someone he knows, not strangers -- haven't seen any mommy-shopping) is around, forget about it. It will just take time.

I've let The Hub take the helm tonight. I need a recharge.

On the bright side, we've gotten every prescription filled, I discovered flushable butt wipes, and the antibiotics and other ear infection drugs seem to be working, thus improving everyone's moods.

4 comments:

Yondalla said...

((HUGS))

Hang in there.

It is so much more difficult to live than we think it is, and it sounds like you are doing as well as can be expected.

When Brian (one of my birth kids) was six months old I broke my arm. It was a "green stick" fracture and there wasn't anything they could do about it -- no cast. But I could not pick up anything. Brian wanted to stand and bounce on people's laps, but I could not support him. So I was just the milk dispenser. He wanted me when he was hungry and then he would sit on my lap and cry for his father. I understood, but it was so depressing.

Hang in there...

Kate said...

the same thing happened to me. For a few months my daughter would just leave me for anyone who was young and blond - which left me feeling rubbish. However, it didn't last and I'm only reminded of it as I read your blog - so it will pass.

Kate said...

the same thing happened to me. For a few months my daughter would just leave me for anyone who was young and blond - which left me feeling rubbish. However, it didn't last and I'm only reminded of it as I read your blog - so it will pass.

Chris Sapp said...

You are doing GREAT! I've had my kids for nearly a year now and I'm still struggling some days with what to do. I'm so glad you are sharing your story with us. Hang in there and get some sleep when it's possible!