Friday, August 10, 2007

Hi! We're still here. We're chilling out. Things are pretty good.

Hubbers is working out of offices for the next few months, so I'm much more frazzled.

Huckle went swimming yesterday, and for the first time went past his waist in water. He even jumped off the side of the pool to me, while holding my hands. Amazing what a little swimming peer pressure from kids half his age will make him want to try.

I've been working like a madwoman any chance I get. My productivity stinks, I'm cranky, and behind, but that's been the case since November, so I'm sure I'll be fine.

Glad y'all would have been alarmed by the boss's call, too. I'm usually quite rational, but even I thought that there was some sort of EVP strangeness going on.

Huckle was recognized by one of his grandmother's friends the other day. It was out in a very public place, nothing wild happened, but it was strange. That was the first time something like that has happened.

More later. Have a good day!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Ugh. The recognition thing. That's uncomfortable to say the least. Part of me is glad I'm so far away from Slugger's home area because there is zero chance of that happening (with birth or former adoptive family) and I don't have the safety worries you have.